OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES The “Chelsea FC London Experience with Yokohama” (the “Giveaway”) is governed by these rules (“Official Rules”) and is intended for play and participation within the United States.
1. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF UNITED STATES INCLUDING ITS COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES, AND POSSESSIONS, EXCEPT THE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF FLORIDA WHO ARE NOT ELIGIBLE UNTIL FEBRUARY 18, 2019, WHO ARE BETWEEN THIRTEEN (13) YEARS OF AGE AND EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE AT THE TIME OF THE ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
2. ADMINISTRATOR / SPONSOR: The Sponsors of the Giveaway are Yokohama Tire Corporation, 1 MacArthur Place, Suite 800, Santa Ana, CA 92707 and Paragon Marketing Group, LLC, 5420 Old Orchard Road, Skokie, IL 60077. The Administrator of the Giveaway is Paragon Marketing Group, LLC, 5420 Old Orchard Road, Skokie, IL 60077. The Sponsor and the Administrator are hereafter collectively referred to as the “Sweepstakes Entities”.
3. TO ENTER: The Giveaway promotion begins on February 9, 2019 at 12:00 AM Central Time (CT) and ends on May 27, 2019 at 11:59 PM CT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Giveaway. There is one way to enter the Giveaway.
REGISTRATION INTO THE GIVEAWAY: Online by visiting the “Chelsea FC London Experience with Yokohama” website https://www.yokohamatire.com/soccer-sweeps and completing the online entry form to begin entering into the Giveaway. Only one Registration Form can be created per valid residential address, per eligible person, per Sweepstakes Period. Entrants may access the website by entering the website address relating to this Giveaway.
4. ENTRY LIMIT: Each valid residential address may only receive one (1) entry into the Giveaway during the Sweepstakes Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same valid residential address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different residential addresses, email addresses, identities, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant will be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for computer system or phone line errors, software/hardware malfunctions, postal delays, late, lost, stolen, illegible, mutilated, delayed, misdirected, postage-due or incomplete entries, or other errors, failures or delays in transmissions.
5. DRAWING: On or about June 3, 2019, one (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries (the “Winner”). The drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor or by a third party designated by the Sponsor for the selection of the Winner. By participating, all entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor as to the Winner will be final and binding in all respects. The Winner and/or Winner’s guardian/parent will be notified by phone and/or e-mail and/or mail, on or about June 3, 2019.
6. PRIZE: There will be one (1) Winner of one Prize. The randomly-selected single grand prize Winner, upon confirmation of eligibility, will be awarded one prize of a Trip for the Grand Prize Winner and a single designated parent/guardian to visit the Chelsea Football Club in London, United Kingdom in August, 2019, see below for further details. Official dates for the trip and an itinerary will be communicated to each of the Winner.
Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of each Prize is $6,000.00. The Prizes will be awarded as-is on or about June 3, 2019. At the sole choice of the Sweepstakes Entities, another prize of equal or lesser value may be substituted.
The Winner must identify to the Sponsor a single designated parent/guardian that will travel and accompany the Winner throughout the travel period (collectively referred to as the “Group”). Identification of a designated parent/guardian will be required to show proof of residency and/or valid driver’s license or state identification. The designated parent/guardian may also be required by Sponsor to submit to a background check before the Winner is deemed eligible to receive his/her prize. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Winner, at any time prior to the travel date, whose designated parents/guardians background check reveals information that is inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate (which may be determined by Sponsor, at its sole and absolute discretion). Each Winner must take delivery of the Prize on the date communicated to the Winner upon notification from the Sponsor The Grand Prize Trip includes the following travel and scheduled program expenses paid for by Yokohama: (i) round-trip coach class airfare for the Group on an airlines selected by the Sponsor, in addition to any connecting airfare required to transport the Group from a major commercial airport closest to the Group’s residence (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) if needed; (ii) 5 day / 4-night double occupancy hotel accommodations at a hotel selected by the Sponsor, inclusive of taxes, as selected by the Sponsor, (iii) transportation to and from the Chelsea Football Club , and (iv) additional expenses as determined by the Sponsor which may include sight-seeing tours, and meals. Hotel incidentals, airline and hotel upgrades, phone calls, souvenirs, personal services, insurance, and any other personal expenses not specified and included by Sponsor before the date of departure and which are incurred by any member of the Group are not included as part of the prize and will be required to be paid for by the Group. Each member of any Group is solely responsible, including any fees necessary, for obtaining all necessary and required travel documents and other travel requirements. Passports must be valid for six (6) months after return date of trip. Failure to provide such documents may result in trip cancellation at any point during the trip. Insurance and any after-market options are the sole responsibility of the Winner. All applicable state, local, and federal taxes on the Prize will be at the sole expense of the Winner. There is one (1) Prize for the Giveaway: Each Prize is non-transferable to another person or entity.
7. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning are based on the total number of eligible entries.
8. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. The Winner will be notified by Sweepstakes Entities. Within three (3) business days of notification an Affidavit of Eligibility, liability releases, and, except where prohibited by law, publicity releases must be signed by the Winner and/or the Winner’s guardian/parent and received by the Sweepstakes Entities. If the Winner and/or the Winner’s guardian/parent do not respond to the notification and sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility to the Sweepstakes Entities, within three (3) business days, the Winner will forfeit his or her right to the Prize and an alternate winner will be selected and notified. This process will continue until a winner completes the stated conditions.
9. ELIGIBILITY: The Giveaway is open to legal residents of the United States including its commonwealths, territories and possessions, except the legal residents of Florida who are not eligible until February 18, 2019, between the ages of 13 and 18 years of age at the time of entry. Parents or legal guardians of children between the ages of 13 and 18 years of age may submit an entry on behalf of their child. Parents or legal guardians submitting on behalf of their child must enter the child’s information for the entry to be considered valid. Employees of the Sweepstakes Entities, any promotional partners, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising/promotional agencies, and the immediate families and household members of such persons are not eligible to win. By entering this Giveaway, you as an entrant agree to be bound by these Official Rules and you certify that you have complied with all requirements stated herein. Individuals who are student-athletes representing a member school within a state association of his/her state of residence in the sport of soccer, as an interscholastic sport (“High School Athlete”), may be ineligible to enter and/or accept the prize according to the rules and regulations of his/her state association. Individuals who are (a) High School Athletes committed to NCAA member institutions, and certain other post-secondary college institutions or (b) High School Athletes contemplating playing soccer at NCAA member institutions, and certain other post-secondary college institutions (collectively “Potential College Athlete”) may be ineligible to enter and/or accept the prize according the rules and regulations of the NCAA, other inter-collegiate athletic associations and/or the postsecondary institution the Potential College Athlete is committed to attend or interested in attending. It is the sole responsibility of the individual and his/her parent/legal guardian to determine the eligibility of the individual to accept the prize. The Sweepstakes Entities and their affiliates, assigns, agents, representatives, officers, directors, and employees are NOT responsible for any individual’s compliance with or subsequent ineligibility with the individual’s high school, the NCAA or other inter-collegiate athletic associations and/or the post-secondary institution by accepting the prize.
10. NO ASSOCIATION OR ENDORSEMENT: The names of companies, products and services mentioned herein, and any corresponding likenesses, logos and images thereof reproduced herein, have been used for identification purposes only and may be the copyrighted properties and trademarks of their respective owners. The mention of any individual, group or company, or the inclusion of a product or service as a Prize, does not imply any association with or endorsement by such individual, group or company or the manufacturer or distributor of such product or service and, except as otherwise indicated no association or endorsement is intended or should be inferred.
11. RELEASE: By participating in this Giveaway, each entrant, and each entrant’s parents or guardian, agrees to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, promotional partners, and their respective affiliate companies, and each of their respective directors, employees and agents, including without limitation their advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability for injuries, death, loss or damage arising from or incurred from participating in this Giveaway, or from the use, misuse or acceptance of any prize, or any travel in connection therewith. By participating in this Giveaway, each entrant agrees to allow the Sponsor to send email or direct mail communication regarding the Giveaway and any other promotional offers. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether such errors are caused by typographical errors, postal errors, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of entries in the Giveaway. If, for any reason, the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned, including tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Entities, which affects the administration, security, fairness, or integrity of this promotion, the Sweepstakes Entities at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway. The Winner must sign an affidavit of eligibility and release form. Promotional partners or manufacturers of prizes do not sponsor or have any responsibility for this Giveaway. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for system failure, acts of God or natural disasters that impact the Giveaway. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Except where prohibited, participation in the Giveaway constitutes the Winner’s and Winner’s parents/guardians’ consent to the Sweepstakes Entities’ and their agents to use the Winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment, compensations, or consideration, except where prohibited by law. The Prize may not be substituted, transferred or redeemed for cash except at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Entities. In case of unavailability, the Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or lesser value. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Because the value of the Prize is over $600, the Winner and/or Winner’s parent/guardian must provide his or her name, address, phone number, date of birth, driver’s license, social security number and complete a W-9 form.
13. VERIFICATION OF ENTRANTS: Entrants must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules until the award of the prizes on or about June 3, 2019. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
14. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Illinois or the appropriate Illinois State Court located in Cook County, Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
15. WINNER LIST: Beginning on or about September 1, 2019, you may obtain the names of the Winner by mailing a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Chelsea FC London Experience with Yokohama Winner List, 5420 Old Orchard Road, Skokie, IL 60077. Requests received after September 15, 2019, will not be honored.